At Egeniq, you will work in a relaxed and pleasant atmosphere with over 38 people who share your passion. With multiple cool wearables and gadgets—and with digital nomads co-operating as a team. Who wouldn’t want that? Of course, we also see each other now and then. We hold a Christmas and summer event, for example, and we have meetings at the office once or twice a month.
Our (back-end) stack consists of TypeScript, NodeJS and AWS, backed by Serverless and/or CDK, but we also have PHP based projects. Our CI/CD pipeline is based on GitHub actions, and we use OpsGenie and Nagios for monitoring.
We’re looking for a talented Back-end Cloud developer to join our team.
In this role you will primarily work on building APIs for mobile apps and websites. You will be working closely with a team of developers, architects, product owners and marketeers, using the latest (cutting-edge) AWS cloud technology. We’ll give you the freedom and opportunity to grow as a developer and to challenge yourself, working on innovative projects that have a high impact from day one.
What you bring to the table
You have strong communication skills and can therefore work well together in an Agile team. You can distinguish main and side issues and proactively contribute innovative ideas. In addition, we hope to find the following on your resume:
- You have experience building APIs in (preferably) TypeScript and a strong understanding of REST principles
- You have experience with (native) cloud software development. Bonus points if you have worked with AWS services such as AWS Lambda, SQS, DynamoDB, S3 and CloudFront
- You’re familiar with CI/CD tools and the software delivery pipeline
- You enjoy working in an agile environment
- An understanding of security, scalability and resilience
- Written and oral communication skills in English
The main technologies that you will be working with in this role are TypeScript, AWS Lambda, Redis, Aurora, DynamoDB, SQS and OpenSearch to build resilient and scalable APIs for mobile apps and websites of our customers.
A plus would be
- You hold an AWS certification (eg: AWS Certified Solutions Architect – Associate)
- You are familiar with iOS and/or Android app development
- You are familiar with automated tests, which you find essential for the quality, and confidence in your code
- You can speak/understand Dutch
Was this list a bit much? We do not expect you to be an expert from day one, but we do expect a motivated and can-do attitude.
What’s in it for you?
As a Cloud developer you will work in the team of backend, front-end and mobile developers. In addition to an ambitious and informal working environment, we will also offer to you:
- Create amazing apps that make a difference.
- Work in an enterprise with ambitious goals. You’ll be joining the beginning of something great and using your input and dedication to help shape the future of this company.
- Get all the respect for your work that you deserve. Our management team members all have a technical background, so they are aware of the challenges and issues that you face.
- Work with our Gadget Kits, which include a MacBook Pro and 27” 5k display, plus all of the devices that you might need for the apps that you will be designing for us.
Do you recognize yourself? Then we’d love to hear from you! Please apply via the button on egeniq.recruitee.com and we will get back to your application quickly.